Abby's Road

Welcome to Abby's Road
An insight into my journey to the 2012 Olympic Games

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The 27th Year

Well, it's that time of the year again. The day of my birth. Yes, it was 27 years ago yesterday that I came into this world. My mom says the first time she saw me I was sticking my tongue out and was clinching my hands into little fists. I think it was a very fitting first impression and my mom knew she was in store for a wild ride. I had a fantastic day yesterday thanks to my friends and family. It started off with a trip to my favorite place to have breakfast(best meal of the day!) and it included a slice of cake. It will be hard to not include a piece of cake to my regular breakfast routine, but then again I don't think I can train with the extra 100lbs I'm sure I'd gain.  Some of my friends and a special someone arranged a group of us to go play sand volleyball and hang out and have some adult beverages. I have been known to be indifferent towards sand volleyball in the past. Probably because of the amount of activity that one has to exert to play. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday because it was a blast probably because my team kept winning ;o) Yes, the competitive side never sleeps! We then headed over to a friends and hung out by the pool. My day was made when I was given the opportunity to ride a cooler.. oh yes. You heard me. I rode a cooler! A motorized cooler complete with drink holder and handle bars!

I did test the limitations of the motor and there was a point in which my friend had to push me along since I ran the battery so low. I'm now thinking about asking my inventor father to build me a deluxe, gas powered cooler. I will keep you posted! It was an incredibly fantastic birthday and I appreciate all those who made it possible ;o)


In other news, it has been so nice to be back home and around friends and family. Training has been going very well and I have no complaints. It is so nice and comforting to be back on my old lifting program and training with James Parman once again. He is such a brilliant coach and I finally feel that with some of my newly gained maturity, our communication is where it needs to me to get me where I know I can be. I look forward to the next couple of weeks and will keep you updated with my progress!


Oh AND my birthday cake was lots of cupcakes from my favorite place of sweet treats Hey Cupcake!! AMAZING!


1 comment:

  1. I remember playing volleyball (doing the robot/aerobics) in lieu of practice a few times and for some reason it was as if I wasnt actually there. Maybe you enjoyed sand v-ball more because people actually realized you were on the court.

    ReplyDelete