Abby's Road

Welcome to Abby's Road
An insight into my journey to the 2012 Olympic Games

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am alive!

Wow it is hard to believe it is November! I hope that everyone is enjoying the changing of the seasons.. that is if you actually have changes in the season. Here in Texas it seems like it has gone from really hot to just mostly hot and sometimes it gets cool in the mornings. But we did experience some semi-fall weather recently and I ran to go find my winter gear because now I'm a baby when it comes to the "cold. I realized I haven't really experienced anything really cold in about 2 years since I spent last winter in the desert.

Lets see where do I start with what all that has happened since I last blogged..pheww. Well to make a loong story short. I started my training up again in late July, ended a relationship of 3 years, moved to South Austin, and was a genie with Loree Smith for Halloween. So that's the short of it. It's clear that the end of summer and beginning of fall has been a very difficult time for me emotionally and physically, but it has been an incredible time for self growth and discovery. I'm reminded of the process of forging steel. It is stressed and heated and beaten to shape it which results in a stronger piece for a specific purpose. I feel I've been being forged for some time now and I am finally on the up and up. I am now so much stronger in my shoes than I ever thought possible. My expectations for myself as an athlete and as a person are at levels that exceed what I used to dream. It is a very exciting time for me even though I am still pushing through some difficult things, I can see that everything that has happened is for a reason and has taught me something about myself. They are invaluable lessons that I know give me an edge in competition as well as everyday life.

In other news, Gus placed 4th at a weiner race in late September. So close to getting a trophy. I was soooo sad(probably inappropriately sad) we didn't get to take home a trophy, but they had a weiner dog on the top. ONE DAY I WILL HAVE ONE!!and by me of course I mean Gus.... I am also going to start work on a video collection of my fall training to give everyone out there an insight into my world. I hope to have it done by the holidays.. and lets remember that the key word in this statement is... hope ;o)


Hope everyone has safe travels during this Thanksgiving as well as a enjoyable and relaxing time! I definitely have much to be thankful for this year and am so very excited to spend time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment